The Abandon Wars

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Happiness is many things too many people. Too me, it's rendering a 350 000 polygon scene at 400 frames per second.

That's right, I've been on a serious optimisation spree over the past two weeks; and the rendering increase is the smallest of the gains - although it is the most impressive looking.

I've included the screen shot below because I feel there isn't enough nudity on the interweb. Of course if you look closely you'll see NVPerfHud with all the scene statistics.


Internally I've managed to speed up the conversion process by several tens of thousands of times - mostly going from O(n) to O(1) - by caching just about everything. No more hour long waits for me!

I'm currently working on caching the collision- and mesh selection data. It's a big process so I doubt it will be finished this weekend. Once that's done the engine is basically finished. It's been a long and painful journey but the end is in sight. :) I can hardly believe it!

Now back to the grind stone...

Later!

5 Comments:

  • No more is going to be achieved tonight because Subversion just stuffed out completely.

    I haven't seen Subversion stuff it up this badly... ever. CVS manage it quite a lot though, which would be why I don't use CVS.

    Aaagh!

    By Blogger Andrew, at 9:04 pm  

  • Dude, the light in the tunnel is very rarely the end of the tunnel. It's more likely to be a train heading in your direction ;)

    By Blogger Justin Paver, at 5:55 pm  

  • Yeah, got a season ticket for that train :(

    By Blogger Andrew, at 7:48 am  

  • Nice model by the way, where did you get it? :)

    By Blogger Justin Paver, at 3:49 am  

  • Not sure, just in a collection of stuffs...

    Sadly there is no information with it so I can't find any more :(

    By Blogger Andrew, at 7:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home