The Abandon Wars

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Yay! I can post a screen shot. Dave has drawn me a new button border which is much nicer than the crappy one I made.

In honour of this I've given the editor a new colour scheme which - uh well - doesn't actually work for editing... the old grey still looks fine though. Anyway, here the blue scheme is (the number on the right is the framerate):


I've also got a very early layout for one of the levels. I think it was stage five (you might recognise it from my very first post). This is a very big image (1600 x 1200) should you wish to view it in all its pointless glory... and the flowers are still there - I really should remove them at some point.


Most importantly though; I've rewritten a big chunk of the add and remove widget code. It's much more user friendly and actually cleans up properly after itself.

Today I'd also like to get a menu bar working but it will need quite a few new widgets and events so it's quite likely it won't happen.

And that brings me to the end of this post.

Later!

3 Comments:

  • Yay widgets!:!:! :)

    Super happy that you got some gui stuff going... but how about convincing Dave to rig that space marine model? I wanna see some movement :)

    BTW. I bought a version of fraps for capturing motion so I'm now super-video happy :)

    By Blogger Justin Paver, at 2:25 am  

  • I - uh - had to look fraps up because I didn't know what it was though it looks quite cool.

    I'm still working on getting Dave to rig me a marine but he's got a job again so it's getting more and more unlikely :(

    Lastly I never ever want to see another button again... it's time to get some proper crusading done!

    By Blogger Andrew, at 10:19 am  

  • I hope you mean, crusade-deving and not crusade-playing when you say: "it's time to get some proper crusading done!"

    :)

    By the way, have you heard from DaveC? I haven't heard anything since his move to the UK...

    By Blogger Justin Paver, at 10:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home