The Abandon Wars

Sunday, February 04, 2007

There've been no posts for a while, we're beginning the final run at the office :( and I also had another small system death... One of the drives in y RAID stuffed out thanks the extreme heat. A bit of re-installing and all is right again, and running a lot more smoothly. Unfortunately I got a bit sidetracked and also installed Beryl (the window manager) which took quite some time ;) Oh well, it's very cool - though still very much in development.

If I'm feeling bored one day I'll document how I did it. It was under Ubuntu 6.10 which is why it was such a mission. Getting it to play nicely with the nVidia driver was also quite a lot of fun :(

Back in Space Crusade I haven't really got much done, I did a bit of programming but I can't remember what. I know I broke my window manager - I reallised that using my own virtual function tables was going a bit too far. The gist of it is that there is not much to report: I'm still waiting for Dave to model me a space marine although as he is still saying he will so it will see the light of day evetually.

I have noticed that none of the screen shots I've posted actually have textures in so here a couple are. The one below should be recognisable as a model from II (which has since been discarded).


The next one here is the standard sort of 'no textured, single textured, multi-textured and vertex coloured' object demo that only programmers can know and love.


Actually any sort of wierd data can be attached to verticies, edges and faces. For instance having different normals, different counts of UV coordinates and different textures at an edge/vertex boundary will all be dealt with correctly.

As I've mentioned I don't actually have anything new to report so...

Later!

2 Comments:

  • Really? I thought they were still using that model :)

    By Blogger Justin Paver, at 6:29 pm  

  • Who knows? I haven't even seen the game since it was released, much less played it :(

    Anyways, according to Dave, Dan doesn't care what happens to the old unused art resources so he gave them to me...

    As a complete aside: Your $#%$ing nVidia driver just killed my x-server again. Yes; I'm holding you accountable ;)

    By Blogger Andrew, at 10:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home