The Abandon Wars

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Finally, I'm working on Space Crusade again! It's been a while since I last had a fling with C++ but it's good to be back in the realm of pointers and preprocessors ;)

The long delay in posting was variously because I was in mild crunch at the office (July), then learning Torque Game Builder and writing AlphaStrike for Dave but mostly just being lazy.

Incidentally I think AlphaStrike (Dave's name) turned out pretty well though I wouldn't touch TGB again, not even with a barge pole.

Here's a few screen shots...


Flame throwers rock the party!


Taking on a few helicopters... player one's a lazy git ;)


That's enough with the 2D.

I've had a sort of half language running around for a while now and it's proven really useful. Unfortunately the fact that I never fully finished it has come back to bite me. This means that the next few weeks are being dedicated to rewriting/refactoring it into something workable instead of doing Space Crusade specifics.

I'm mostly rewriting the object/struct/primitive/whatever representation as the current one is a bit limited. I strongly suspect I've left the beaten path but it's going to be fun.

Later!

2 Comments:

  • Hey dude, just thought I'd give you a push! You gotta do something more :)

    By Blogger Justin Paver, at 11:08 pm  

  • I've got a lot more done on AlphaStrike - not what I wanted to be working on... but such is life.

    It looks much better now, plus it's got another three stages and a whole (arbitrary) story.

    By Blogger Andrew, at 9:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home