The Abandon Wars

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Just a quick post as I posted yesterday. I've finished modelling all the walls and floors from the first stage of SpaceGun. This means I can begin with the actual characters tomorrow! I'm having quite a lot of fun actually :)

Below is the end of stage lift from space gun.


On a slightly more Space Crusady note; I've also built the entire first stage (Search and Destroy). The first screenshot is the c64's isometric view and the screenshot below that is the same view from my map.


I haven't modelled in the ceilings because the original didn't have ceilings. The marine is standing in the room marked by the cursor looking southish.


The bad news is: I'm not actually remaking Space Crusade anymore. I've since deleted that map. It was just a proof of concept anyway. It did conclusively prove that I need a real modeller/editor to actualy build the stages - there a *lot* of floating point stuff ups which why the lights are so dark.

Don't despair: I'm still writing a Space Crusade like game (see 2 posts ago) but it will be more like a cut down version of Silent Storm or XCom.

Later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home