The Abandon Wars

Saturday, April 05, 2008

So here's the deal with Space Crusade: as I mentioned in my previous post it ... well ... isn't anymore :(.

There're a number of reasons for this the foremost being that it's someone else's IP - with the release of the new Warhammer game (2009) the Warhammer universe is a pretty toxic place to be at the moment. Also with Dave completely addicted to online gaming now; it seems unlikely any models will be forthcoming this year (and it's been more than a year since he first agreed draw the Space Crusade models).

All is far from over though: I am now doing all the modelling myself and am no longer playing in the Warhammer universe. To that end I have learned to model - somewhat ;) - and I have modelled the first team of Space Marinettes. I am retaining most of the gameplay but without the dice and the Warhammer rules.


This is the first character I've ever modelled (and practically the first character I've ever attempted). Actually the red girl was the first modelled and the purple girl was the last.


There are a quite a lot of mistakes; due mostly to my lack of knowledge of the human form. Seriously - it's bloody complicated ;). But also a couple technical stuff ups which I just can't be arsed to fix.

So that's the team - they have names and designations and everything. Variously: Opal (purple) is the leader. Ione (red) is the medic. Adelle (green) is heavy weapons. Saffron (yellow) is demolitions. And lastly Page (blue) is communications. It's a bit of break from the Space Crusade gameplay but I think having specific roles should make things more interesting.

And I need to sleep now.

Later!

7 Comments:

  • Holy Cow! If only we looked like that! Can't wait to see where this goes, it is looking great so far!
    A side note:
    I will be back in SA a week from today. I will be in Jo'burg a fair amount of time, maybe we could meet for a drink or something, reminisce about the old days :P

    By Blogger tab angel, at 4:58 am  

  • Dude looking wicked!!! Colour scheme is very much like the teletubbies hehehe

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:14 am  

  • Thanks!

    I'll try and give you a call (provided your old number still works) in about a week or so.

    ps: You all could get a lot closer to looking like that by wearing skimpy outfits ;)

    By Blogger Andrew, at 10:19 am  

  • @greylimbo

    Aaagh! This is the second time someones posted under me in the last ten minutes :D

    I was thinking more Power Rangers than teletubbies but I'll take teletubbies!

    By Blogger Andrew, at 10:21 am  

  • Looking Good, me thinks ;-) Out of interest what are you using to model with? Keep up the great work - I am looking forward to seeing more (of the game that is :-)

    Cheers, and have fun

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:35 am  

  • Thanks Chris! Expect a full post tomorrow (Sunday).

    Laters!

    By Blogger Andrew, at 12:30 am  

  • Wow, this is a brilliant surprise. I knew you had too much talent welling up inside you to waste it :)

    Keep up the work. Any chance of a binary drop at some point? :)

    By Blogger Justin Paver, at 8:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home