The Abandon Wars

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Today I've found myself in a rather strange situation. I've got to much stuffs too post! I've been tearing through the art assests and an end is actually in sight.

I've redone all the ceiling caps (the bits on top of the walls) they look *much* better than the previous set. I've modelled and rigged a funky little crab alien beastie - probably not going to go into Abandon Wars because it's to flat to see.

I've added another fourteen wall pieces. And the first major prop - the generator in the screenshot below.


To get that look I'm using all eight lights - the maximum I currently allow - and I still had to fudge the contrast a bit. For those who care the original reference looks as below. (Somehow I was shooting and hit print screen at the same time - special).


See, it's Space Gun which is providing all the graphical inspiration (for those who didn't realise that from my last post).

I've also modelled all the marinettes weapons though I don't particularly like how any of them look. And lastly I've started modelling the other mechanical unit (the android equivalent).

Later!

5 Comments:

  • Should probably have mentioned: 4 of the lights are blue (around the generator) and four a grey (outside the room).

    The generator spins too though it's lights don't follow it. :s

    By Blogger Andrew, at 9:23 pm  

  • You need shadows! :)

    Dude, grab a version of www.fraps.com and post a video :)

    By Blogger Justin Paver, at 11:37 pm  

  • Video what now... nothing moves yet ;)

    I briefly hacked some soft round shadows under everything... I say briefly cause it was crap and got taken away pretty fast.

    By Blogger Andrew, at 10:29 pm  

  • "nothing moves yet ;"

    quoth justin:

    "The generator spins too though it's lights don't follow it. :s"

    :)

    By Blogger Justin Paver, at 6:44 am  

  • The generator doesn't count it's a retardedly simple animation ;)

    By Blogger Andrew, at 4:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home