The Abandon Wars

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

After a bit of a hiatus I've managed to get some work done. Sadly it's still of the coding only variety so instead of posting what I've done I'm posting a few more screen shots from Alpha Strike.

Here's the insanely hard fourth stage cumulating in a fight with a massive... ah well you'll never get there so it doesn't matter.


The third stage: a desert full of rolling thunder, stationary turrets, bunkers and warehouses for the sovereign war machine.


The demo stage is also the second stage and is probably the most balanced difficulty wise. Remember to stock up on ammo before facing off against the end boss.


The first stage takes place over the ocean amidst rolling clouds. Although in all honesty; it's sodding boring but does guide the player into Alpha Strikes mechanics gently.


Well enjoy, perhaps it'll even be released some day. Provided Garage Games fix the awful physics slow down.

Later!

6 Comments:

  • Looking really good. I'd like to give the current version a test if possible.

    By Blogger Erik Hogan, at 12:47 am  

  • Thanks, the good news is that the current version is the complete and final version. The bad news is that I don't entirely hold the copyright so I can't release it yet.

    I want to release it as freeware but I'm *still* waiting for feedback from the other two. Hopefully it'll appear on RetroRemakes when this tangle is sorted out.

    By Blogger Andrew, at 3:29 pm  

  • oy, what happened to harrier attack? honestly though, at least you've been doing something :)

    By Blogger Justin Paver, at 10:21 am  

  • Still looking cool, though I note from one of your screenies that the word "Shield" for player two is still mirrored.

    Hope you are still having fun ;-)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:18 am  

  • Harrier Attack has been shelved for the time being (it is still on sourceforge). I couldn't make it fun though and Diorgo is busy with other stuffs now :(

    By Blogger Andrew, at 2:45 pm  

  • The artist on AlphaStrike knows about it; but he's off playing World of WarCraft and isn't really interested. I'd fix it myself except I can't get the source repository from him. Oh well...

    By Blogger Andrew, at 2:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home