The Abandon Wars

Monday, June 09, 2008

Things are still ticking over, I just don't have anything pretty to show. I have optimised the graphics routines in Harrier Attack quite a lot. I now no longer draw transparent borders (ie: I clip them off). This has decreased the frame-time under linux from ~21ms to 16ms. Which is significant as it means the game runs at 60 frames a second with all detail.

Mostly I've been working on the Abandon Wars front. Again, nothing to show but lots of refactoring and bug fixing. I now have a project plan for it too.

Laters!

4 Comments:

  • excellent, glad to hear things are still ticking over :)

    By Blogger Justin Paver, at 8:01 am  

  • Slowly like a rusty metronome... but still ticking, yes. ;)

    By Blogger Andrew, at 9:56 am  

  • So, how much time a week on average you get to put into your projects?

    By Blogger Justin Paver, at 9:44 am  

  • Weeeellll.... That depends ;)

    When I'm on a roll it's about 3-4 hours weekdays and 10-16 weekends. But I can't keep that up for more than a month or two and then it tapers off to... um... zero hours weekends and weekdays.

    Yeah, basically if I'm in a coding mood that's all I do but if I'm not then I don't at all...

    By Blogger Andrew, at 10:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home